Conventional | Sustainable
Landscape Performance Benefits
- Prevents over 317,900 gallons of wastewater from entering the District of Columbia’s overburdened sewer system each year, saving $1,687 in sewer charges.
- Reduces potable water consumption by an average of 8,500 gallons per month by reusing treated wastewater to flush toilets.
- Captures 68% of rainfall from a 1-year storm, 9,820 gallons, in the green roof on the middle school addition.
- Prevented over 100 tons of material from entering landfills by using 8,000 board feet of reclaimed wood and 77.5 tons of reclaimed stone for decking, walls, and stairs.
- Promotes environmental awareness with over 10,000 visitors touring the site in its first five years. Over half of these tours were led by 8th grade students.
At a Glance
Former Land Use
3825 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20016